The Annual Photo Contest for the Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America is now open for submissions.
To make a pilgrimage to the Franciscan Monastery in Washington, DC, is to experience a depth that is rare and as unique as the pilgrim who is visiting.
Whether it is the sacredness of the church, the grandeur of the architecture or the beauty of the gardens and grounds that moves you, we invite you to visit and capture the experience through photographic imagery.
The contest is open May 1 through June 30. Please see rules for entry below. The grand prize winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card, plus recognition in Monastery publications, emails and social media.
Rules for Entry
- Photo must be submitted by June 30.
- Photo must be taken by the person entering the contest.
- Up to three entries per person.
- Photo must be a minimum of 300 x 300 high resolution
- Photo must be submitted with name, e-mail address, phone number and mailing address.
- Your entry to this contest constitutes your agreement to allow your photographs, name, city, state, and photo description texts to be published by the Franciscan Monastery and used for other related purposes including but not limited to promotions, online, newsletters, and presentations. Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs.
- No professional photographers permitted to enter.
send submissions to: franciscanmonasterydc@